About Colleen Maranges
Colleen’s practice focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation matters in state and federal court, including real estate-related litigation, business torts, breach of contract matters, and insurance disputes. Colleen has successfully represented a wide range of clients, including:
- Real estate developer in multi-million-dollar civil rights claim against a South Florida municipality;
- South Beach hotel owner/operator in $100+ million dollar dispute with a former tenant involving redevelopment rights;
- Landowner in an action to partition real property valued at more than $30 million;
- Real estate developer in a complex business dispute involving allegations of fraud;
- Private lender in an action to recover more than $10 million based upon allegations of fraud and breach of loan documents;
- Luxury furniture and home decor retailer in several related matters arising out of dispute among the owners of the company;
- Condominium associations and private homeowners in a variety of first-party insurance disputes.
Colleen has served on the Florida Bar’s Civil Procedure Rules Committee and the Special Committee on Gender Bias and Diversity.
Q: What’s the one thing you wish they taught in law school?
Q: If you weren’t a lawyer, what would you be?
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Research & Writing Editor, University of Miami Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, University of Miami
- Major: Legal Studies
- Minor: International Business
- Berger Singerman, LLP
- Higer, Lichter & Givner, LLP
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Frank A. Shepherd, Florida Third District Court of Appeal
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida